Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Easter blessings

Good morning everyone. Hope your weekend is going well.
Thinking that spring is on it's way, we had snow again last night! Will this winter every end?  Even though it was a small amount it's still snow!! 

With spring in mind and Easter not too far off, I was working on some Easter cards for my sale basket.  I'm using a stamp set from Justrite - Easter Blessings.


I started by stamping the cross on white c/s using Versafine smokey grey.  I then coloured the leaves and around the cross using copics.  I then took my wink of stella pen (hey for you locals Kim is now carrying the wink of stella pens at Paper Pickle - they are a must have - just saying!) and applied the glitter in the rays behind the cross - it is so pretty in real.

The rest is pretty straight forward, I will list all my ingredients below.  Finished off with some soft yellow seam binding ribbon and pearls.  

Supplies:
Paper - cougar 110lb white, soft sky
Stamp - Justrite - Easter blessings
Ink- Versafine - smokey grey
Copics - Y00, Y02, Y11, G40, G24, R20
Dies - Spellbinder - oval, A2 Filigree Delight (I used pop dots to adhere this piece to my card), Justrite custom die - vintage labels six
Misc - wink of stella pen, pearls, pop dots, seam binding ribbon

Have a great day!

Pauline 

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Still waiting for my Wink of Stella to arrive at our local paper crafts store. Totally inspired to order it by folks like you. This is such a pretty image with a lovely delicacy to it. I don't think you could have created a better card for it. The die cuts suggest a cathedral-like setting, and the white is beautiful. Love the soft shade of yellow for the bow, too.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Really love the card. Have got a couple of "Winks" but need more!!! Was Mothering Sunday yesterday over here so Easter cards are next on the list for me but my birthday cards for everyone else (lol).

Much love,

Shirley T. (U.K.) xxx

Tracy said...

I've been so bad the last few days and spent lots of money on crafty things like a Wink of Stella pen.... thanks to you. LOL. This card is another example of your amazing design skills. Just gorgeous! Hugs!