Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

40th Wedding Anniversary

It's been a rough week last week, one of my back molars was giving me grief.  Lots of pain, I ended up having a root canal done yesterday.  So much better today, no more pain although my jaw is a bit stiff this morning because of the 5 needles I was given, and for keeping my mouth open for an hour, but as the day went on it was feeling better.

I was going to share my 3rd Fathers Day card I made, but thought I would change it up, you're probably board looking at 'guy' cards, I'm sure something pretty and feminine would be more pleasing to the eye.  I had a request from a friend at work for a 40th anniversary card for another co-worker.  Here is the end result:


I wanted to put their name on the front somehow, so I computer generated the sentiment then cut it out using a MFT flagstax die, then sponged the edges using Adirondak Lights - Willow.  I wanted a soft muted background so it wouldn't take away form the flowers so found these papers from Kaisercraft - On This Day.

For the leaves I used my new Memory Box die - Massa Leaf frame - cut from a piece of scrap from Basic Grey - perhaps. I love the variation of the colour of the leaves.  I then cut a circle from the bottom piece of dp - since I was layering other papers on top no one would see the circle cut out and I didn't want to cut into another piece - (I tell you I am a paper hoarder!) Adhered this over the leaves, I then used one of the punch out circles from back of the paper pack on top of the circle then layered it with a Memory Box - Chochitlan wreath.

I popped the sentiment up using pop up foam squares by Scotch (love these, they squish down, so when mailing it makes it much easier).  I then proceeded by adding an assortment of flowers - most were purchased from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Finished off with a little wooded heart from Studio Calico, glitter on the flowers and pearls.  Do you think I put too many pearls on the card?

Hope you enjoyed my creation today.  Thanks for stopping in. Have a wonderful day.

I will share my 3rd fathers day card next - image from Art Impressions.

Pauline

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, where to begin? First of all, I think the pearls are just right, so no worries there. Now, I just don't know any way in the world this could be prettier! You must have the most amazing flower collection. These are knock outs! The colors are scrumptious, and the background paper you chose is perfect. The die cut leaves, the arrangement of everything is just so beautiful!

Katie Sims said...

This is gorgeous, Pauline! First....so sorry to hear about your troubles lately...hope you are feeling better! Second...is there such a thing as putting too many pearls on anything? I think not....lol! Those flowers are beautifully arranged and I love that you personalized this card...what a treasure! So glad I stumbled upon this beauty today! Hope you are doing well! :)

Tracy said...

Exquisite! Perfect layering and such lovely blooms. I'm sure they were thrilled with it. So sorry to hear about your tooth problems. Hope you don't have any further trouble with it and feel much better. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful anniversary card Pauline. Carol will love it. Lucy

Leslie said...

I'm so behind on my comments Pauline - hopefully all that dental work has settled. This card is beyond beautiful! I love that you personalized it with their names and all those flowers are gorgeous! This is a keepsake for them, for sure.