Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, August 14, 2014

a bucket of lavender

Hi everyone.  So glad it's almost the weekend.  It's been a very busy week, but the days just seem to drag along.  I thought on Wednesday that it was Friday - well I was hoping - LOL.

I'm back to share another Powerpoppy card with you today.  This image is from the Lavender set.  I started by stamping the image using black memento on 110lb white cougar card stock.  Image was coloured using copics and shading using prismacolour pencils.

I then cut the image out using an oval spellbinder die, and layered this onto a scallop oval cut from purple c/s.

The white flower flourish was a piece I had previous cut from a memory box die but never used it.  I thought it fit nicely in the corner.




Designer paper is from Memory Box.  Finished off with glitter on the lavender, pearls and rhinestones on the floral flourish.

Supplies:
stamp: Powerpoppy - lavender
ink: black memento, copics - BG000, BG10, BG53, RV63, RV66, G43, G85, prismacolour pencils, PTI -Aqua mist (sponging around lavender)
Paper: Memory Box, white, purple (I think it's pale plum)
Dies: spellbinder - oval, scallop oval, Memory Box - wildflower corner
misc: glitter, pearls, rhinestone

Thanks for your visit, until next time..... 

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous, Pauline! Wow! Love the layout with the oval offset in the square, and the corner flourish filling up the space, some under and some over like it's growing around the image panel. The lavender is so pretty, of course, too. Beautiful colors and papers. I got a little thrill when I saw your card in my Bloglovin. It's just so amazing!

Tracy said...

Lovely! You do florals so beautifully and you always know just how to design your card to show them off just right. Hugs!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Just love the card. The lavender stamp is really lovely and the die too. In fact I love all of it!!!

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Stacy Morgan said...

The Lavendar looks wonderful and I agree that little touch of white sprigs fits nicely in the corner. No one would ever know it was scraps. ;-) Catching up on bloggin this morning... I am enjoying your creations girlie!!!