Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cabrini ornament

--> Hi Everyone.  Sorry it's been so long since my last post, but with good reason, I've been away on vacation.   Bill and I took off for 9 days.  We first headed to Sault Ste Marie - Ontario ( drove up through Michigan)  and hiked in the Lake Superior Provincial Park for 4 days,(the fall colours were spectacular) then we headed to the windy city of Chicago for 5 days. Never been to Chicago - what a beautiful city.  We stayed right downtown, right across from the Trump tower. Our view from the hotel room was gorgeous, we could see up and down the river and street, we had a corner room. A very clean city.  I will have some pictures to share, Bill took tons, so it will take a bit to go through them and process the ones he likes.

So with that said, I'm back, and I have my first Christmas card to share.  This was a very simple card once I figured out what I was doing (lol).







--> I started with a piece of white card stock (4 1/8 x 5 3/8) and embossed it using a snowfall embossing folder.  My scalloped layer was cut using a spellbinder border edge die.  I then adhered this to the snowflake piece using foam tape, then wrapped some burgundy crepe ribbon around it and tied a bow. Now comes the fun part.  I used a Memory Box die and cut it once using gold mirri paper.  I cut it again using green for the holly leaves and some burgundy (stardream) paper for the berries.  The ornament itself was cut --> from a piece of pale gold glitter paper.  I laid all the pieces back into the ornament where they belong and adhered them to the frame on the backside using tape.  I then applied some foam tape to the back of the ornament and tucked the hanger under the scallop edging as if it was hanging.

Here is a closer look at the ornament:







Supplies:
Cardstock: white, dark green, burgundy stardream, pale gold glitter paper, gold mirri paper
Die: Memory Box - Cabrini Ornament, Spellbinder - A2 Scalloped border two
Embossing folder- (sorry not sure who makes this)
Misc - ribbon, foam tape

Thanks for stopping by, until next time....

Pauline


5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Pauline, you said simple and then I scrolled down to the photo. NOT! It's exquisite!!!! Perfect choice of shades for the parts of the ornament. LOVE the inlaid look. The embossed snowflakes paired with that gorgeous border....sigh.......just incredible. So glad you had a wonderful trip. Can't wait to see the photos. Hugs!

Debbie said...

The ornament is beautiful Pauline. What an elegant card. Thanks for sharing.

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Simple but really stunning. Beautiful. Look forward to the photos.

Much love,

Shirley T.xxx

Leslie Miller said...

That is simply gorgeous, Pauline! I love all the white and the pretty, natural snowfall look of the embossing folder. The detail in your ornament makes it super special. There's a lot more going on here than it looks at first glance. You always put a lot of heart into your cards, and it shows. I just love any Memory Box dies. Got a bunch of new ones for Christmas.

Leslie said...

Beautiful! Love the simple elegance of it and that glittery ornament is GORG!