Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, January 16, 2015

Chicks rule

Not sure what has come over me, but so far this year this is my second challenge that I have submitted a card for.  I normally never participate in challenges, not that I don't like them, but mostly it's a timing thing, where I just don't have the time.  So maybe this is my year to change that.

I'm entering my card in this weeks Stamping Bella sketch challenge.  I didn't have much to actually fit in the circle for my image, so I changed the circle to an oval.  Image is called Chicks Rule.


Not a whole lot of explanation on this one.  I used lots of copic colours to colour this chick! Ground shading and shading around the chick was done using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol. Designer papers are by Memory Box.  Dies used are spellbinders oval and  a Nellie Snellen die called border lace - flower.  I added some crystal rhinestones along the top of the border and one on her crown, and also added glitter to the fur on her robe to finish this off. 

Sorry for the quick post, but it's almost 11 pm and I wanted to get this done before heading off to bed.

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

Pauline

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my WORD! LOVE this! So CUTE! Sometimes you just need something happy and today is one of those days. Not that it's a bad day... but I am at work, after all. But it's Friday! Just had to peek and I found this delightful critter. Your coloring has me enthralled. Love the trim on the top, too. Thanks for brightening my day!

Tracy said...

Hey! Is that you sending all this cold air down to the Gulf Coast? LOL Love your chick. Those character are really fun. You've colored her royal highness in style my friend. Great job! Hugs!
P.S. Thanks for picking our challenge to play in. :-)

Dana White said...

Yay 2 weeks in a row a card by Paulineabella!! Love this card and the shading on the chicks. The flower border is gorgeous. Hope it's warming up there. We've had a warm spell so now all the snow is melting and its a mess! I'm guessing the cold weather is just around the corner again

Mary J said...

Oh I love this, Pauline - gorgeous papers with that sweetie!