Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, January 5, 2015

Painted Flowers

Good morning to all on this cold, blistery winter morning here in SW Ontario.  Wind chills today to reach -23 C (-9F). Although it is cold, we did escape the freezing rain and snow that fell on other parts of Ontario and Eastern Canada. We just had a dusting of snow, but strong winds and a bit of snow which are to continue all week.

During my off time through the holidays, I managed to get several cards done - which I'm so happy about.  So my plan is each week to do at least 2-3 new cards to keep myself ahead, and also keep notes of what supplies I used so when I do go to post the card at a later date I have the list of supplies I used to pass onto you.

The card I'm showing you today is made using a new set from Altenew called Painted Flowers. This set is a 3 step stamping - love these types of stamps - love the dimension you get.


I started by cutting a white panel to fit inside the embossed area.  I then took some my ink pads - PTI - Aqua mist, & Hawaiian shores and rubbed them on my teflon mat, spritzed, then picked up the paint using an old tooth brush and flicked it onto my panel.  I must of had some glitter ink on there previously because when you tilt the card you can see glitter sparkles - so pretty.

I then followed the 3 step process to stamp the flowers and leaves.  I then added a couple of outline leaves to fill in some spaces as well as the 3 little dots from the set PTI - Life is beautiful.

I stamped an extra flower on some scrap white c/s and then cut it out and popped up over the other flowers.  Used my silver krylon pen and edged the panel before adhering to the embossed panel.

To finish I added the sentiment which was stamped in black versafine, added some glitter to the flowers using my wink of stella clear pen, and then added some sequins.  I kind of like just the one turquoise sequin mixed in with all the clear ones.

Okay, well that's it for today, off to get ready for work.  Have yourself a wonderful week, my next card will be a Stamping Bella image - I'm going to participate in their challenge this week. Until next time....

Supplies:
Stamps - Altenew - painted flowers, PTI - Delightful Dahlia additon (sentiment), PTI - Life is beautiful - (for the 3 little dots)
paper - PTI aqua mist, white - 110lb cougar
ink - black versafine, PTI - aqua mist, hawaiian shores, spring moss, new leaf
Misc - SU embossing folder, silver krylon pen, wink of stella pen, sequins

Pauline 

7 comments:

BeckyTE said...

Such beautiful work with this set, Pauline. I love every colorful inch of it!

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous! I really want to try this layered stamping. Wish I had your skill. Stay warm my friend. Hugs!

Dana White said...

Pauline this is beautiful. What a stunning stamp and I love the colours you used. Stay warm. It's cold here too

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, how beautiful, Pauline! Such a pretty arrangement of the flowers, and I love the color you chose, as well as the splatters and the sprinkling of sequins and the embossed frame. Interesting we both posted this kind of card today. Love two or, in this case, three step stamping. Such a neat effect without too much time and trouble. We're back to warmer temps today, not that it was ever that cold to begin with -- brrrrrr! I'll look forward to your next cards with much gleeful anticipation!

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful Pauline! I’ve been eyeing those Altenew stamps...I love how contemporary they feel. The colours and design is just gorgeous!

Leslie said...

This is stunning, Pauline! I love the colors paired with just white makes it crisp and clean and beautiful!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous! I love the layered arrangement and the beautiful embossed frame! Stunning card! Hugs!