Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Monday, February 23, 2015

French Lilac


There is just something about digital images I love.  Maybe it's the gratification of having it instantly.
I can be very impatient when I order stamps - I hate the wait of 2-3 weeks before I get them. Well Marcella (Power Poppy) is releasing digital stamps the 15th of every month.  When I saw the sneak peak of this on I knew I was going to buy when it came available.

The other thing about digi's is that you can resize them, smaller or larger, to fit your design of your card.  For me this time, I made the image smaller.  I wanted to use one of my new dies (purchased before Christmas) that I haven't used yet.

I imported it into a Word document, resized and printed.  As I have learned from past experience I need to cut out my image before I colour.  Nothing worse than having your image all coloured up and then cut it out and something goes wrong -ie - your die slips - grrrrrr, so like I said I have learned the hard way as I'm sure many of you have experienced that as well.

Here is my card using Power Poppy digital image - French Lilac.



I started by cutting out my image first and then coloured with copics.

flower: V01, V12, V15, V17, RB69
leaves: YG21, YG03, YG17, YG67, YG99
stem: E33, E57
shading: B000, BG10, B95, B52, V01

For my ribbon I coloured it using copic V15

Paper is from Kaisercraft - Kaleidoscope and I used Spellbinder die - 41.

Finished with some pearls and wink of stella clear on the flowers.

I so love this image, I have already finished another card using the lilacs.  Stay tuned...

Have a wonderful day, and thanks for stopping by.  For all those that are experience this cold artic air -keep warm -today  it's -24C (-9 F) - wind chill colder than -30C (-20F).  Another cold week ahead with snow - I can't wait until spring arrives, when my miniature lilac bush starts to bloom - oh the smell is so heavenly.

Pauline

4 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Oh so pretty. Love it. Thank you. I thought it was cold here (U.K.) but by your temperatures its our summer!!!!! Hang on in there, its only a matter of weeks now before that big red thing in the sky appears.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

AJ Bodine said...

Beautiful coloring and layout, I saw this in my feed and had to come comment. I just purchased this image today from PP. I agree with you, I just love digital images, to be able to resize, etc. And I too have learned the hard way to cut the image out first!

Leslie Miller said...

I just had to come look on my lunch hour to see if you were sharing your PP card today. My, oh, my! I've been sitting here looking and studying on your Copic colors. You did such a beautiful job and it looks so spring fresh! Love the die cut. Anything with lattice is so fabulous for a flower image. This is just stunning, Pauline! Love the wide white border showing around the green, too. I just can't get enough! I feel the same about digis -- instant gratification and there's a lot to be said for the resizing aspect. I've sure been learning a lot about using them lately. It's another beautiful day here. Frankly, we need some rain!

Tracy said...

Yum! Gorgeous die and you have brought those lilacs to life. I can almost smell them Pauline. :-) Beautifully done my friend. Hugs!