Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Dancing with Daffodils

I was so excited to see Marcella's (Power Poppy) digital image release on Sunday.  I wasted no time in colouring this beautiful image called Dancing with  Daffodils.  What I love about digi's is being able to resize them.  I printed off  6 images all different sizes, and this is what I did with my first one.



After printing and cutting out the image I used copics to colour.  Then came the tough part.  I had a heck of time thinking of how I wanted to do the layout and colours, so pulled out different papers, still couldn't decide so I walked away.  Actually I left it over night (sometimes you just need to step away for a bit) and then today it seemed to fall into place.

I didn't have any ribbon in the blue tones that I wanted so I coloured some white seam binding ribbon using copic B66.  I also added a gold edge around the image using my gold krylon pen.  Since I added some gold to my card I decided to play along in the Power Poppy challenge this month.  The theme is "go for the gold"!

I added some hero arts glitter to finish off.

This was such a delight to colour, can't wait to do some more.

Supplies:
Stamp - Power Poppy digital - Dancing with Daffodils
Paper - cougar white 100 lb, SU brilliant blue, Webster pages - Your Life - beautiful
Dies - spellbinder labels twenty-eight, A2 Devine Eleoquence
Ink - copics - YG03,YG17, YG63, G05, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y26, Y35, YG21, YR00,YR12, YR15, YR16, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, B63, B60, B66, B69, B96, B0000, B000
Misc - quickie glue pen, hero arts glitter, gold krylon pen, ribbon

Thanks for your visit,

Pauline

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You certainly didn't waste any time coloring this up, and what a beautiful rendition it is! Your card stock is such a perfect match with the periwinkle, and then you made the ribbon perfect, too. Love the combo of dies. I don't have the Labels Twenty Eight, but thinking I need them for Devine Eloquence for sure. Such gorgeous coloring, Pauline. It's interesting to read your list of Copics. I saw this in the challenge and I'm so glad you entered it. Good luck on winning a stamp set! You can enter as many times as you like and I sure do love seeing your Power Poppy creations!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous, and your coloring is perfection! I so love this combination of dies and the beautiful touch of gold and ribbon! Hugs!

Katie Sims said...

Oh my goodness, Pauline! I love how you colored this image up! What a beauty! I knew you would do great things with this image if you got your hands on it, and you did! I always love visiting here and seeing what you have been up to in your craft room. Hope you are doing well! :)

BeckyTE said...

Your card is so beautiful, Pauline. Your struggle with the design ended with a beauty! I find the design the hardest part too. The die cut of designer paper was a great choice for this elegant card.

Stacy Morgan said...

I am glad you didn't wait... this is beautiful! The colors just pop off the page and are gorgeous. I love the shaped frame and your blue bow. ;-) Beautiful card.

Allison Cope said...

Wowsers Pauline! I love the richness of the blue with your values of yellow. Incredible beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with our "Power & Spark" challenge this month over at Power Poppy!

Tracy said...

Oh boy do your color choices bring this to life! It's delightful in every way. The shape of that center panel is so elegant. Love it!