Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Petunia

I received my order from Stamping Bella last week, so decided it was time to colour up something 'cutsie', as well as play along in this weeks challenge.  The challenge this week is use washi tape or ribbon on your card.

I just love the new 'woodsies' collection Emily has released.  It was a hard decision as to which one I would colour first.

I decided on "Especially for you, Petunia".  Now doesn't the name Petunia fit this little piglet just perfectly?


After stamping the image on cougar 100lb white cardstock using memento black ink, I coloured using prismacolour pencils.   Now I used many colours and never thought to keep track of the colours I used before scooping them up off my desk and putting them away.  So I went back to figure out what colours I used  and this is what I came up with:

petunia:seashell pink, light peach, peach, henna, for her ears I used carmine red
chick: deco yellow, canary yellow, sunburst yellow, spanish orange
grass & leaves: limepeel, kelp green, 
flower: process red, dahlia purple
shading: sky light blue, caribbean sea, peacock blue

Designer paper used is from MME - now & then - dorothy.  I thought the wood grain paper fit so well with the image.  Finished off with some washi tape in the corner, cut the end to make a flag tail then added another piece of gold stripe along the top.  It was kind of bare so added a bow tied with hemp cord. Not sure if you can see or not but in the grassy area I used my Souffle pens and added some pink and mauve dots to represent little flowers in the grass.  Used my wink of stella clear pen for some sparkle on the flower.

Now I need to make 2 more of these, a co-worker ordered them for Easter.

Thanks for the visit, wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Pauline


6 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhhh, this is darling! You know I love it, don't you? Petunia is the sweetest there with her little birdie friend. Your coloring with the pencils is fabulous! Wish I was better with the pencils, but definitely need some practice. You're so good to get right down to business with your new arrivals. Love the pretty paper! This just melts my heart. You have more new Bella's? I can't wait to see! Thank you for such a delight today!

debby4000 said...

Adorable, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie, love the colours too, hugs Pops x

CraftyViolet said...

Cute card. I don't have many Easter stamps at all.

I used to buy a lot of her stamps until she moved to the States and charged the same shipping charges to Canada as to Europe. My one and only order after she moved - charged $11.99 and the actual postage was $3.74. Not sure why she is charging us so much but she lost my business.

Tracy said...

Is this little piggy not a joy to color. You did some amazing pencil work Pauline. Precious! Hugs!

Leslie said...

Perfect barnyard paper for Petunia!! You colour her SO well!