Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, April 3, 2015

Bunny in a Rose

Hi everyone, and Happy Easter weekend.  It's been a very busy week which meant I had no time for card making.  Our son Mark and his girlfriend Anna - along with her 2 little boys, came home today to celebrate Easter.  I got up this morning and realized I didn't have a card for them, so began looking for something fairly easy to colour up, since I would only have a couple of 'free' hours this afternoon. I landed at 'A day for Daisies" website and found a few digital images.  Love digis - instant gratification!!  One of the images I purchased is called Bunny in a Rose. There were a few different flowers to choose from but  I decided on the rose.



After resizing and printing off I coloured the image using prismacolour pencils and blended with gamsol.  I used a couple of copic colours to do the  'pointillism' method for some shading (B0000, B000, YG21, and V20). I then cut the image out using spellbinders elegant ovals.  Then layered this onto a piece of designer paper from MME - Memorable, which was then layered onto a piece of SU Basic Grey.  I used another piece of dp from the same paper pack to do the bottom layer. 

I added some light aqua silk ribbon to finish off.  The ribbon does look a bit darker in the picture, it is a bit softer shade in real.  I picked this colour to pull some of the colour from the flower paper.  A bit of glitter was added to the rose for a bit of sparkle.

Wishing everyone a blessed Easter holiday.  Thanks for stopping by and take care.

Pauline



4 comments:

NancyT said...

Hi Pauline. What a stunning card. It's amazing how you can pull together a design so quickly. Your colour selection is beautiful. It makes us all look forward to seeing our flowers growing in our garden and the bunnies roaming in our yard. blessed Easter to you and your family. I know Mark, Anna and the boys will cherish this card.
Nancy

Tracy said...

Gorgeous! I was just looking at those bunnies today. Love the detail of the dotty background. Happy Easter!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, that's so beautiful, Pauline! The rose and leaf colors are just scrumptious, and the bunny so sweet and softly shaded. I'm not sure I could do anything so gorgeous in just a couple of hours. Once in a while things come together just right, but not often. You didn't sacrifice a single iota of beauty or quality in this creation. I do love the sparkle on the rose and the soft pointillism around the image. It's just so darling and pretty. I hope you had a lovely Easter!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Ahhh soo cute. Love it. Thank you. Been a gorgeous day today really warm, thank goodness. It is my birthday today and with some birthday money I have been given I would love the stamp from last time, the little boy fishing. Do you know if we have that in the U.K.?

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx