Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Friday, June 12, 2015

For Dad


Hi everyone.  I never thought Friday was going to get here.  It's been a hectic week, both at work and at home.  I've been working on something, which is a 'secret' for right now, you will have to come back on Monday, and I will reveal.


With Father's Day not so far away, I figured I best be working on some cards.  A few weeks ago I went through a zip lock bag of images that I have started and not finished over the years.  Well I came across this one, background was created and the wheat was stamped.  Hmmm... this could work for a Father's day card, so I went to work to complete it. 

To tell you the truth, I don't even remember doing this image, I know it's a Hero Arts wheat stamp, but as far as inks and stencil I couldn't tell you what I used.  

I added some gold krylon around the image edges, then layered it onto some black c/s.  I pulled out some burnt orange/terracotta colour cardstock to layer the image on then onto some SU river rock for my card base.




I used a Verve set to stamp DAD then cut it out using a spellbinders tag set, left the die in place and sponged some antique linen.  Tied some gold cording to the tag then adhered it to the back of the image.

Thanks for the visit.  Have a wonderful weekend. I'll see you on Monday.

Pauline


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, this is pretty! I can't imagine that you waited till now to finish it. The colors are beautiful and the wheat is so detailed. Super great guy card! I'll be looking forward to more, 'cause I love everything you make. Enjoy your weekend! Thank goodness, right?

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Oh you tease!!!! Love the card, always repeating myself. Ideal man card.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

Wow, love the wheat stamp. Glad you finished this one up. It needed to be on a card. :-) Hugs!