Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lulu's orchids

Hello!  I've been working on my cards for Septembers SCS Dirty Dozen challenge, and decided to take a break to post a card.

I just love this image.  It's an older one from Stamping Bella, but I remember when I was on the DT a few years ago, I coloured this image up a few times.  Since I have a love for flowers, and they are a popular type card in my sale basket I reached for this image again.


After stamping the image on cougar 100 lb white cardstock I coloured this using copics.  I then cut out the image using spellbinders square die, left the die in place and sponged Adirondak shell pink ink around the edges

Designer paper is from Basic Grey - Curio.  I'm such a hoarder, I think this is the first time I used any paper out of this pack, it's just so pretty I hate to part with it! Like get a life right- there is so much more out there.  I have enough paper to last me 2 life times and maybe more - anyone else there like me? I'm sure there is!

Okay back to my card.  To finish up I added some shading around the flower using the 'pointillism' technique,  some lace, ribbon, sequins, stitching and pearls.

supplies:
stamp - Stamping Bella - Lulu's orchids (this stamp has been discontinued)
ink - black memento, copics - Yg0000, YG000, YR0000, E01, E02, E09, YG97, YG93, G000, G0000, G00, G12, R00, R07, R08, RV13, adirondack - shell pink
paper - Basic Grey - Curio, cougar 100 lb white, SU Soft Suede, Bazill - peach & green
dies - spellbinder square
misc - SU Mint Macaron lace, taupe chiffon ribbon, light green silk ribbon, sequins, pearls, stitching, bow maker

Thanks for the visit.  Enjoy your day!
Pauline

5 comments:

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Absolutely gorgeous, love this card. Everything matches perfectly.
If I made l00 cards every day for the next 100 years I wouldn't use all my stash, only telling you this as my hubby cant use a computer so cant read this blog and if he could I would say I was joking - not!!!!
Love the new birdie picture too.

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Tracy said...

You know I adore your florals. I still have a few remnants of that paper collection. It's a beauty. The soft background and your pointillism just add to the beautiful coloring of the orchids. Let's just say that my paper collection is embarrassing. :-) Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I have always loved this type of Bella image. I visited them the other day and only saw people and animals. Real limited selection. Really? Was I on the wrong site? They used to have so much cute stuff. Flowers and trees and everything. Anyway, I sure love your card and your coloring and the pretty pink shading around the edges. I also have quite a bit of the Curio left. I recently counted up 93 DP pads in my stamp room. And then I bought two more. That's not counting the hoards of 12x12 and different specialty papers. Yes, I'm a major hoarder! But I love it and I use it. . . I just can't imagine using it all in my life time. Someone just gave me an orchid like this. White, though. I was so excited to see your card today. Gorgeous, Pauline!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous, and I love orchids and my husband grows them. We currently have only three that are blooming, but earlier in the summer, our patio was gorgeous! I agree with Leslie about where are these flowers. But you've really colored this beautifully and used the DP perfectly...and I love the sponging! Hugs, my friend. I know you're having a blast with the DD!

Michele Kovack said...

This card is truly breathtaking!!