Belted Kingfisher

Belted Kingfisher

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Hey friend

Hello everyone.  We are in the middle of a very hot & humid streak of weather, which according to the weather forecast will come to an end sometime tomorrow as the cooler front pushes through with rain and thunderstorms.  I'll take cooler weather anytime.  The 100 + degree days can go.

Okay, lets get on with my card.  I had this coloured up for a few weeks now, so I guess it's time to share.  This is one of the Power Poppy digital images released a few weeks back called 
Easy Breezy Coneflowers.  As I have said several times, I just love digi images, there is just something about instant gratification once you purchase you have the digi within a few hours, and you can resize to your liking.

So with that being said, after printing this off, this is he finished product:


I did google for colours of these coneflowers - there is quite a variety, and since I had this paper in mind I went with the yellow/orange combo.  The centers are brown tones but layered with art institute glitter  - ultra fine autumn.  I love the way it glitters in real.  I hope you can see in the picture how sparkly this really is.

supplies:
stamp - Power poppy digital - easy breezy coneflowers
ink - copcis - E09, e19, E33, E79, R02, R05, R56, R89, Y000, Y32, Y35, Y38, YG93, YG95, YG97, YR01
paper - cougar white, bazzill peach/orange tones, MME - wild asparagus
dies - spellbinders  -  5 x 7 herloom legacy 
misc - sizzix embossing folder -  swiss dots,  art institute autumn glitter, rush seam binding ribbon

I thank you for stopping by for a visit. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Pauline


5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Pauline, this is gorgeous, and I love your co,or combo! Beautiful DP and die, and I love your beautiful bow!! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

I love that die. I don't have it, but I sure would like to. Okay, now -- your card. WOW! Love the russet tones you used in both the awesome coloring and the card. I'm very fond of these colors, anyway. And when I click for a close up I can see all that enchanting sparkle just beautifully. I love sparkle! I do have some Art Institute glitter and it really is special. I'm so glad you got around to sharing this gorgeous card!

Shirley T. said...

Hi Pauline,

Love the card. Colours are beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Weather this side of the pond is really lovely and sunny which is supposed to last all week but its nowhere near your temperature, thank goodness!!!! Sign of old age or what?

Much love,

Shirley T. xxx

Kerri said...

I love your card the colours are amazing as well as the colouring!! I am with ya on the weather..It is cooler here today thank god!!

Tracy said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the direction you went in with the colors. They're so warm and comforting. Beautiful card Pauline. Hugs!